Disability Solutions’ Kevin McCloskey sat down with Good Morning Connecticut’s Scott McDonnell to discuss National Disability Employment Awareness Month. October celebrates the contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. Disability Solutions, helps businesses connect with people with disabilities to fill positions from the mailroom to the boardroom. Kevin explains how they are changing minds and changing lives.
(WTNH)-National Disability Employment Awareness Month in October celebrates the contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. One Connecticut nonprofit, Disability Solutions, helps businesses connect with people with disabilities to fill positions from the mailroom to the boardroom. Kevin McCloskey explains how they are changing minds and changing lives.
- Nationwide consulting division of the nonprofit Ability Beyond in Bethel, an organization that has been providing services for more than 60 year to people with disabilities in Connecticut and New York.
- For the past five years Disabilty Solutions has focused on providing corporations such as Pepsi, Staples and Synchrony Finanical with a playbook to tap into the largest minority in the US – jobseekers with disabilties.
- Creates a unique playbook for each client for their disability hiring initiative from compliance to retaining talent and everything in between.
- Jobseekers go online at www.disabilitysolutionstalent.org
- More that 300,000 people with disabilities, including veterans, visit the site every month to find a career that is the perfect fit for their skills.
- The Career Center is also a one-stop resource for resume writing, interview preparation, and career advancement.
- The soft skills training focuses on…
- Important Things to Know: How to Request Accommodations
- Interview DOs and DON’T’s
- How to Answer Behavioral-Based Interview Questions
- Steps for Success on the job
- Customer Service skills
- For Veterans – Translating previous experience and skills to civilian workforce/employer opportunity
- Overview of the application/interview/offer process. What candidate can expect when they apply all the way up until they are hired, including timeframe
- General Hints and tips on passing online application quizzes and/or assessment tests
Changing Minds, Changing Lives – www.disabilitytalent.org